Friday, December 7, 2007

Cookie Baking Adventure

Last night was our annual adventure to bake cookies in Stratford. We go to the Trattoria Fabrizio where Teresa our host and chef extraordinaire helps us eat, bake and be merry. After the evening of baking we go home with 15-17 dozen cookies, all of a different variety. It is a great way to spend an evening with friends, get all your Christmas baking done at once and have someone else clean up the mess. Thanks ladies for a great time!




My friend Patti tagged me with this "Getting to Know you at Christmas" List. So here is mine.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I totally prefer to wrap although it would be way simplier to just put it in a bag. I guess I get this from my mom who is an awesome wrapper. Her packages at Christmas are works of art.

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial (Real is very nice but it would kill my husband and I like to have him around at Christmas!)

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually December 1st but this year it was the weekend before.

4. When do you take the tree down? January 1st in my jammies.

5. Do you like eggnog? Gross, yuck, Ewwwwwww!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I really loved my Cabbage Patch kid I got. I know my mom searched high and low to get one.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? No


8. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad, hands down and Andy is a close second.

9. Easiest person to buy for? The girls.

10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? still thinking on this one

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Don't usually do Christmas cards although I would love to.

12. Favourite Christmas Movie? My favourite movie to watch at Christmas time is The Sound of Music, even though it is not a Christmas movie. Next would be Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Beginning of November.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Don't think so.

15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas ? My grandma's butterscotch pie.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear.

17. Favourite Christmas song? Love them all.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home and then travel.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yep

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open gifts on Christmas morning but the kids get to open their new jammies on Christmas eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? How busy everything is.

23. What is the "corniest" family tradition you do, or miss doing? Can't think of one.

24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? I have to say those plastic candles that people used to put outside.

25. Which looks best theme trees or homey trees? My tree is a mix of both. Would love to get a more formal tree someday but it doesn't suit our family right now!

2 comments:

Patti said...

Now that is an awesome idea to bake cookies with your friends and NOT HAVE TO CLEAN UP THE MESS!!! Love that idea!!!

jenn said...

Love reading your answers too! And thats an awesome way to do cookies!!!!!

Have a good weekend my friend! I'm off to the arena's ;) lol