Thursday, September 4, 2008

Routines, Schedules and First Days

I love September and especially going back to school. I loved it as a kid, not so much as a teenager but definitely in University. I still love it as a mom. Not because the kids are gone but because I love the feeling of getting back to the routines and schedules and knowing what is going on. My personality is one that works well to have things in order. It also gives me the same feeling of a new year - the start of something new. Avery is in grade 2 and Mer in SK. Mer went today for her first full day. I have to say that I am a little skeptical of the all day every other day set up but we will get used to it. It is my hang up. I just think that they are still pretty little to be going all day. She was so excited to go to SK (she actually thought that she should be going into Grade 1) however at the door she was nervous. She looked back twice, she was at the end of the line, then the teacher came to the rescue, came to the end of the line and ushered all the kids in. I have to say that I have butterflies just thinking about her right now. But I know that she will do great.

Avery had no problem going to school. She was excited to start and was doing the count down. She went to bed on Monday night saying "I can't wait for tomorrow - it is going to be a great year". She expressed the same sentiments when I picked her up "I love school and I get to go back tomorrow. I have the best teachers." Just what every mom wants to hear. I am so proud of her!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

I'm glad the return to school went well Michelle!! Your girls are so cute in the first day of school gear!!

jenn said...

glad it all went smoothly!!! I know the whole all day thing for kindies... the only good thing is they are use to the all day routine in grade one. :) So thats a plus!
xo