Friday, September 19, 2008

Busy and About to get Busier

My life, like everyone elses is busy. 2 kids, a husband, a house and all that entails keeps me hopping. On top of that this summer I have made a commitment to try and eat more and more products that are produced in our local area. That means at this time of year I am trying to can and perserve as much as I can. Tonight when I go to Bailey's Local Foods for my weekly pickup I will be coming home with a bushel of tomatoes, 1/2 bushel of peaches, 1/2 bushel of pears, 1 flat of juicing grapes and 24 kg of flour - hard and soft whole wheat. I will be a busy lady this weekend and then throw in 1 ringette practice, 1 hockey practice, 1 birthday party, 1 potluck dinner and an Ottawa relative visiting - that makes for a jam packed weekend. No wonder I don't get any scrapbooking done anymore! Have a great weekend and look for some local produce when you are out and about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How you've found time to throw me a super scrappy bridal shower, I'll never know!

Kudos on the local produce thing... way to go!