Friday, January 4, 2008

New Start

Each year I feel excited by the start of a new year. It is my hope that my family stays healthy and happy and that we achieve all the goals we set for ourselves. It is my hope that we have fun times, build great memories and have lots of laughs. It is also a time when we have to revisit the goals that were not accomplished. I do have some of those. It is also a time when I want to get back on track - for me that means healthy eating and excerise. Again for 2008 this is one of my goals. Along with this goal I have chosen a word, a word that has meaning for me and will help motivate and lead me through the next year. No I didn't come up with this concept, it is inspired by Ali Edward's.

In 2007 I chose the word FOCUS. It is amazing how the word grounded me and how often I thought of that word and what it meant to me. This year my word is AWARE. The dictionary meaning of the word is: having or showing realization, perception or knowledge; having knowledge of something; implies vigilance in observing or alertness in drawing inferences from what one experiences.

The is a list of some of the things I want to be aware of:
Aware of what makes me happy
Aware of what is important to me and my family
Aware of what I put into my mouth and how I treat my body
Aware of how I am feeling
Aware of the moment and living there
Aware of doing what I want to do and not what I think that I should do
Aware of the environment around me.
In 2008 I want to be AWARE.

Have you chosen a word - I would love to hear about it.

1 comment:

jenn said...

love your word. I chose Gratitude this year. Last years word was believe and its still one of my fav. It grounded me too!!! Gratitude is because I really have so much to be thankful for!! The more I feel gratitude the more that good things happen! Its neat. I love it!