Thursday, December 10, 2009

So Excited & Letters to Santa

Today I won! I won a $100 Gift Certificate from this company Blend Creations. The jewellery is beautiful and unique. I am having trouble deciding which item I want, there is so much to choose from.






I had the opportunity to win this through a blog comment on "A Peek Inside the Fishbowl". Andrea writes this blog from Ottawa. She highlights cool products, ideas for family fun and many other interesting fun topics. Check out her blog for some great ideas. Thanks to Vivian of Blend Creations and Andrea. You made my day!

Yesterday after school we wrote letters to Santa complete with popcorn and hot chocolate. The ideas that were put on the list have been talked about for weeks, discussed, mulled, changed! It is so neat to see the writing process of both girls. Avery was concise, complete and organized. She wrote the letter on her own in the time span of about 10 minutes. Meredith's letter was more laboured, she tried really hard with the spelling and details, her letter took more like 30 minutes to write. I really like the artwork that they added to the letters.
Process





End Result





Today
Got most of the Christmas shopping finished up today. Just a couple of little things left to get. The kids have been loving the snow and despite the cold temperature, the kids played outside for an hour or more after school today. Andy was out tonight. We ate take out, cuddled on the couch and watched a Franklin Christmas Special in front of the fire place.

2 comments:

Tricia Orchard said...

Congrats on winning the $100. I entered that contest too. The products are beautiful!

Looks like you had a cozy night last night.

Tricia

Glenda said...

I am so proud of my girls and saddened at the same time because they are so grown up! Looking forward to spending som time with them for Christmas.