Thursday, March 6, 2008

Writing from the South

Well we arrived in Georgia on Tuesday. We were late 5 hours but got here before the snow started, thank goodness. Didn't really feel like spending the night in Buffalo. There was technical difficulties with the plane and bad weather in Georgia that kept us on the ground. Our flight was delayed 1.5 hours then we got on the plane and then back off. Anyways we are here. We are enjoying the sun and warmer temperatures. We had a quiet day yesterday as we got settled in and got some groceries.

Oh did I mention that I went to see ELTON JOHN!!! Up until 5:30pm on Monday I didn't have a ticket and then my friend Karen posted that she had an extra ticket. (The really weird thing is that I thought I would be going even though I didn't have a ticket.) How could I not go to this once in a lifetime opportunity! It was kind of crazy because I wasn't done packing, didn't have everything ready and we had to leave at 8 the next morning. But in typical Michelle fashion - I can get it all done. I picked her up at 7:15 and we were off. I am so happy that I went. He was absolutely awesome. I loved every minute of it. I knew every song and was singing out loud. The people around must have thought that I was crazy. Each time he finished a song I thought that the concert was over but he kept going. So many highlights - Bennie and the Jets, Rocket Man, Your song, Candle in the Wind, Don't let the Sun Go Down on Me. For me one of the best moments was when he sang Blue Eyes! When I was younger my dad always sang that song to me. The whole evening I couldn't keep my eyes off the piano and watching him play - I was in total awe. The way he plays - his intensity was incredible. I kept on saying to myself WOW. I am hoping to get some pictures from Karen, decided not to take my camera. So happy that I went. Thanks Karen for the chance to go see this musical master.

4 comments:

jenn said...

So glad you went to elton john!!!! Take care of yourself down there...watch that wrist :) It will heal no probs!!!! have fun and take some pics!!!!

xoxo

Sue said...

Wasn't EJ awesome?? I loved it too, Michelle!! Have a wonderful vacation and I'll see you when you get back!

Tracey said...

I hear that concert was amazing! Everyone I know who went said great things!!

Enjoy your vacation!!

Unknown said...

Why am I just reading this now?? :)
I got pictures from the lady sitting beside me... call me about them!

Glad you went and THANKS for picking me up!