Tuesday, May 6, 2008

This, that and the other

Tuesday already and I am just getting around to posting the stuff from the weekend. Saturday was a little crazy. Avery is getting ready for her dance recital on Friday night - she had a dress rehearsal on Saturday morning. Then we were off to Mer's first soccer game (in the rain I might add) to watch 10 little girls in the purple uniforms chasing around the ball, very cute. The rest of the day was spent cropping at the Scrapping Turtle to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day. I had a great time, got some stuff done and admired the work of talented ladies that also do this crazy craft. The Turtle did a great job with the day, good food, fun games and great prizes.

Sunday was this day ....

Spent a relaxing day with Andy and the girls. We stayed in our pj's for the morning, my kind of day and then Andy outdid himself by cooking 3 awesome meals - who else gets a birthday breakfast, lunch and dinner! The kids bought me a tennis racket so we played a little tennis in the afternoon. Then we had an awesome gourmet dinner - Shrimp Bisque soup with homemade croutons (the soup was made with homemade broth), the perfect steak with dijon and roasted garlic sauce, pan seared scallops with saffron glaze, the most amazing potato salad and grilled asparagus. Dessert was homemade hazelnut, almond spice cake with butter cream frosting decorated by the kids. To top it off - Andy did all the laundry on the weekend too. So love that guy!
Each year I can look forward to a call from my grandma to wish me Happy Birthday - she always asks "Well dear, do you feel any older". I was thinking - nope I don't and I hope I never do. When I blew out my candles for my birthday my wish was to keep my family healthy and happy. The Postma family are in my thoughts.

Working on some Mother's Day gifts - this is what I have come up with. More fabric involved!! Found this great line that I am in love with - turns out the woman who sells it lives just around the corner from me. You will see more of it showing up in my stuff.

It is inspired by a project in Donna's new fabric book. The quote reads "Life shared among people who love each other is the ideal of happiness". It is from Amy Butler's new line by K&Company. And I am in love with this line. It is being sold at Michael's. I stopped by there to see it yesterday but it was just in a cart all packaged up. I rifled through and picked up these two packages but I am going back for more. Can't wait to see the whole line.

6 comments:

jenn said...

I missed your birthday!!!!! :( happy late bday my friend!
xo

Tracey said...

Happy belated birthday Michelle!! Sounds like you were well taken care of for your day!!

Patti said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!
Your day sounds PERFECT. WOW!!! Your husband must be an amazing cook - lucky you!! :-)

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great Birthday! Happy belated!!

Mo said...

Happy belated birthday!!!! Sounds like it was wonderful!
XO
Mo

Sue said...

Glad you had such a wonderful birthday weekend, Michelle!! If you hear any details about a crop for the Postmas, will you let me know?