Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Lady

Since Inspired I have wanted to try drawing something. This is a stretch for me because it is definitely not my forte. Kal Barteski and her Bulletproof Positive Attitude totally inspired me - I really love her Tiny Art prints and wanted to see if I could do something like it. I used her concept of the pink ladies to try and make my own lady. A woman, Shannon that I met at Inspired also pushed me to take on this challenge. Take a look at her blog to see her versions. I love how my lady turned out, in no way can it compare to Kal's work and it is her concept, but I am happy with my first attempt. I am going to try something else with a similar feel the next chance I get. Making this piece made me happy - I was smiling after I finished it even though the message is a negative one.

Unfortunately that is the place that I am right now. Not happy with my physical appearance and have not been for a while. The problem is that I have not been doing anything about it and instead feeding the negativity. I need to make the changes. I have been putting a couple of things in place - I have been walking in the mornings with a friend of mine but I have to included the food portion with it. Started today by going to Weight Watchers (again even though I don't want to think that way). Here's to the new journey - it is going to be a good one!

Go David Cook - I want him to win!

6 comments:

jenn said...

Okay I love that painting... hey its part of your journey..embrace it. In a bit you can do another painting on how you feel. Cheers to a new journey!

xoxo heres to better health! In shape and feeling great!

Unknown said...

This is fabulous. I love that you are really putting yourself out there. And just from the little time I spent with you at inspired, I know you can do what ever you set your mind to. It’s in your eyes, I’ve seen that look before. So go get ‘em!

Unknown said...

Oh hey! I was going to mention that I have a one-month free coupon for Netflix if you would like it. I’ve started using their Watch Instantly for workouts. If you are interested email me from my blog.

Unknown said...

You are inspiring!! Love that painting. .... I understand how you feel. Make those changes for you, lady. xoxo cheers

Sue said...

That's inspiring, Michelle! Good luck with your journey!

Tracey said...

Love the painting Michelle! I totally get your feelings. Good luck with your journey - it is one I should be working harder at as well!