Friday, February 1, 2008

Missing Tooth

So I had one of those bad mom moments the other day. The girls, my mom and I were dancing around at bedtime the other night. We were all being totally silly and goofy. I was swinging the girls around and we were dancing up a storm. I swung Avery over my shoulder and she hit her mouth on my shoulder. The next thing I knew, a small shiny object went ping against the wall and Avery started screaming. I couldn't quite understand what was going on until I looked at Avery and the blood was streaming down her face. Okay so it isn't as bad as it sounds because that tooth was already loose but by the amount of blood that came out of her mouth the tooth was not quite ready to come out. We got everyone settled down,the bleeding stopped and the kids into bed. That night we had a special visitor come to our house to deposit a twoonie into the special pillow. That makes four missing teeth, with another one on its way.

6 comments:

jenn said...

OHhhhhhh (((HUGS))) to both! Hope your enjoying your snow day!!!

Patti said...

OOPS! At least the tooth fairy makes it worthwhile! :-)

Mo said...

I'm sure you felt worse than Avery about it. I'll bet she was glad for the early visit from the Tooth Fairy! :-)

Amanda said...

Hope Avery is doing okay! I'm sure the toonie helped ease the pain! :D xoxo Amanda

Tracey said...

Hope Avery is okay! I think that is a story for the scrapbook though!!

KimmyKimKim said...

I did that to my sister when she was a kid (I kicked her actually by mistake when we were wrestling on the couch) and she still tells that story now... Except we laugh our heads off about it!
Never fear... no harm done Mom!
You could have NOT been playing with them - but you WERE and those are memories they keep forever!