Thursday, April 15, 2010

For a Good Cause

Each year in April I get a table of friends together and we head off the to the Spring Promenade Fashion Show in support of the Waterloo Region Hospice. It is a time to see friends you don't see often, a chance to laugh and share stories with other women, a glimpse into what the fashionable people wear, but it is also a time to reflect on your life and raise money for a very worthwhile cause. The volunteer speaker from Hospice said words that were very moving for me and others at the table. We have heard the words she spoke often but for me last night I listened. Don't sweat the small stuff, live each day like it is your last, don't have regrets, forgive yourself for the mistakes that you have made. She spoke of learning from her clients about living not dying. We need these reminders sometimes for perspective. Last nights show was one of the best I have seen and I have attended more than 10. Way to go Jane and her committee.

I have been in a creative slump and haven't been doing much. A card here or there but that is it. Last summer Quickutz came out with a Letterpress tool. I have been coveting it since then. Two weeks ago I took the plunge and purchased it. The tool enables you to de-embossed an image with ink and allows you to replicate the card over and over again. I have been playing and figuring out how the tool works. It definitely comes with a learning curve but I am loving the results. If you have any need for a set of custom cards - invites, thank yous, birthday cards. Let me know. I will post a few samples to show you what it can do.

If you are looking for some sweet treats - Dana Shortt Gourmet is having a bake sale tomorrow at her store with the proceeds going to Kidsability.

Crazy weekend ahead - Scrapfest, Ravens party, Fundraiser at the African Lion Safari, Wildfire party, PD Day, Kidsability Bake Sale, and maybe a few reptiles thrown in for good measure.

No comments: